searching for a wide alpha cpu heatsink

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Wed Nov 12 19:50:20 UTC 2008

Marc Schlensog wrote:
> ..
> Yeah. Sad indeed. I don't want to know how many systems and system
> components get scrapped because of companies not finding a buyer, while
> there are quite a few people out there who are looking for exactly
> those systems/system components for a decent price.
> I just checked out your website and I couldn't find any mentioning of
> you having Alpha stuff in stock.
We stopped building Alpha machines in '03
>  I also don't know if it's a viable
> option, but how about lowering the prices to a reasonable level ($1500
> for a UP2000 module is quite pricey, especially when you take power
> consumption, performance and relevance into account), donating them to
> Alpha porting projects like Debian, Fedora, OpenBSD, whatever or just
> putting them on eBay?

We have donated 4 Alpha machines in the past to projects.
GNU Fortran
lm_sensors
Math libs ( Goto etc)
PostGreSQL
> ..
>
> Oh well, I guess I'll finally have to accept the notion that Alpha is
> dead for good (and everything that came with it).

It IS getting a bit dated!

--
With our best regards,

//Maurice W. Hilarius         Telephone: 01-780-456-9771/
/Hard Data Ltd.                FAX:          01-780-456-9772/
/11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com/
/Edmonton, AB, Canada         http://www.harddata.com//
/     T5X 1Y3/
/