Location of Alpha Architecture FC-9 ISOs?

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Wed Nov 12 23:06:25 UTC 2008

Hi Will!

Will L Givens schrieb:
> Whoa that's a pretty skimpy build, just 2 cds? Hell I just downloaded Fedora
> Core 9 for both the x86 and x86_64 platforms, they were both just over
> 3.4GB... I wonder what they left out? I know a working version of 'prelink'
> but that doesn't explain the difference in size... Will L G

Jay left out everything that is not relevant for installing Fedora
Alpha. There is a lot more available via yum after installation.

Please note: Yes, we don't have a complete set of packages for Alpha -
for course. There are a lot of packages that DO make problems on Alpha.
And it's not easy to keep up with the list of updates and new packages!

However. We are working hard on getting as much as possible/feasible
rebuilt for Alpha. We are also sending bugreports to upstream and Fedora....

However. Two persons (Jay and I) try to keep up with the work of
hundreds of Fedora contributors... You can guess, that this isn't *so*
simple...

I'm also trying to get Alpha into Secondard Arch tier for Fedora...

Well, at this point, I'd like to say thank you Debian(!). Some problems
we encountered where already solved by you guys, so we are not
*completely* alone... :-)

Best,
  Oliver