Xorg vs Xfree86

Alexey Chupahin alex_vms at gawab.com
Wed Sep 9 06:53:38 UTC 2009

BTW,
After Xorg crashed on my Permedia-2 card,
I installed Xfree86 manually instead of Xorg to my 164SX with
Gentoo couple days ago.
I forget that it is the my old 21164PC processor - I just think
somebody replace the processor to any 21264 - it became really
faster in times against Xorg.
And it is stable.
I can view filmes now in MPEG4/AVI with 800x640 without any
problems.
GNOME -2.24.x is usable again. (I do not remeber the time when
Gnome was usable under Xorg on my 164SX)
Resume: Xorg - is down.
Alpha owners, you all really lost your CPU power using this
doze.

I think we should replace doze xorg to Xfree86 in Alpha/linux
distributions
May be we can do some view in this way?