lots of questions

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Tue Aug 24 03:08:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Owen Mann wrote:

> First off, I'd like to say I'm glad this list maintains body temperature,
> especially Jay E. and Matt T (oh, and hi to Maciej; got
> glibc finished for VAX yet? :-).

 Oh, hi! -- glibc has been ready for a while now.  Except from NPTL, that
is, but LinuxThreads should work for the time being. ;)  Feel free to
start building a distribution. :)  I'm somewhere in the middle of the Java
math library port now and gained some progress recently again.  Once this
is complete I'll release new GCC packages with more language frontends
than just C.  Except that my development laptop's PSU just died leaving it
with the battery only, so I'll keep it off till the replacement arrives.
Shouldn't take too long, hopefully.

 Interested in testing or further development?  We're a bit short of the
workforce.  I've got a DEC 3000/700 Alpha too for once the VAX port has
reached some level of completeness. :)  We'll claim world TURBOchannel
domination then. ;)

  Maciej