Beyond Frustration

William E. Bohrer bohrer1 at hughes.net
Fri Jan 15 16:01:19 UTC 2010

Hello Jim!

It is my sincere hope that you see this email and respond to Bill Bohrer.

1.  Thank you very much for coaching through the development of a plan to recover my ES40 Red Hat 7.2 system in distress.

2.  Communication has been interrupted for two reasons:  (1)  during the last two weeks there was heavy snowfall here that covered up my satelite modem antenna and (2) upon melting of the snow, my email PC had crashed.  That PC has all of the email traffic between the two of us and the body of the "get well plan."

3.  That machine is a straight forward Intel based machine running Windows XP.  Not being particularly familiar with the inner workings of said computer, I invited one of my friends to help me recover from the outage.  That chap elected to perform a repair reinstallation and assured me there would be no files lost.  Hummmm!  Well, he is the expert?  Long story short, everything on that machine is gone.

4.  It is my sincere hope you still have the email traffice between us and can send me a copy of the get well plan.  I would very much like to move forward with it.

5.  This email is from a complete different machine I pulled out of a closet and set up for the one purpose of email transmission and reception.

6.  This message is in this form because I have no written record of your email address;  all of the traffic was on my email/word-processing machine.

Happy New Year!

Bill Bohrer