Re: linux, backing up, jazz drives and others question

How will usb be implemented? The 2.3 kernel isn't in yet, it's in test. Won't usb be pretty hard? Will it depend on a specific device's support more than a generic support like eide and scsi? I'm kind of new to this stuff, I got my computer with everything already in it, so never needed to worry about the address or id of devices.