Re: Static IPs

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Ari Moisio wrote:
 >   Nice service but one thing not clear to me: how to keep ip up-to-date
 > when away from home. Maybe possible with lynx but requires a lot of
 > script tweaking, i afraid.
They have linux/unix scripts on there site you cna use, either using lynx
or perl
An entry in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ (debian default) should work for updates.
That is, if your link is using pppoe or something simular.
Otherwise a cronjob that checks yoru IP every 15 minutes and if it changes,
updates it to dhs.org will do just fine as well.