Re: AFT -- Almost free text.

[quoted lines by Gil Andre on January 11, 2002, at 11:29]

>But what about Word? Well, "aft" is a small utility that
>can convert a very simple ASCII file into .RTF if need be.

Here's my stupid question for the day. Why would one need to do that? Why not
just give the person who's insisting on using Word the plain old ASCII file and
let him tell Word to read it in? Surely Word can read in a plain old ASCII text
file, can't it?

Now, LaTeX to Word, via a route which wouldn't lose any of the mark-up, would
be useful.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.