Re: AFT -- Almost free text.

[quoted lines by Charles McCathieNevile on January 11, 2002, at 11:37]

>The value of a richer format (Word, for those who have Word, HTML, for those
>who have a browser, etc) is that it can include more information. For
>example, borwsers can extract the headings from an HTML page and present a
>"page outline" (word does a similar thing, and did it first) that should give
>a good guide to where the important parts are -

I haven't disputed any of these things. I'm simply questioning the value of the
tool which began this thread, which, purportedly, just converts plain text into
Word format. What is its value, since Word can already read a plain text file?

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.