Re: Daisy and Linux

Hi, John:

Any web browser should be able to handle the text part of a DAISY
book, though it will lack DAISY navigation. We have yet to get a
Linux program to handle DAISY directly--either text or audio,
though T.V. Raman has compiled some sort of DAISY support into
Emacspeak 16.0. What kind is open to some debate--but this is
still the early days of DAISY deployment in the U.S.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina afb net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org