Re: virtual dumbness

Yes. I use the screen command to start up virtual terminals.
It is very easy to use.

Quick start:
1. login to your Linux machine, make sure your terminal is emulating
a vt100.
2. enter screen to start up the screen manager
3. the screen manager sets the environment variable WINDOW to the
screen number. I use this in my shell prompt under ksh like this:
  PS1="$WINDOW \$PATH> "

4. create a new terminal session with ctrl-A c
5. move from session to session using ctrl-A 0 to 9
6.see help screens with ctrl-a ?

Have fun.
Rudy

4.