Red Hat and my hostname

Hi.  I recently installed RH9 on my laptop and love it!  Now I want to
install it on my tower which acts as a server for FTP, Mail, NFS to my
laptop and www.  However, the one thing that holds up progress now is the
fact that I need to be able to use a consistent hostname even though my
computer gets its IP from a DHCP server.  This was fine with Slack, as the
hostname could still be set with netconfig.  However, RH only asks for a
hostname if the IP is static, and if not, it picks a seemingly random
hostname out of the air that is a big bunch of numbers and mess.  What can
I do to fix this?  Is there a program that will configure this for me, or
if not what script(s) do I need to edit to change this behaviour?

Thanks,
Lorenzo
-----
> I'm an idiot..  At least this [bug] took about 5 minutes to find..
Surely, Linus is talking about the kind of idiocy that others aspire to :-).
	-- Bruce Perens in response to Linus Torvalds's