One worry about installing Linux

Hi!
I have one worry about installing Linux as someone who doesn't have a
Braille display or a working hardware synthesiser as I lost the connector
for my Apolo 2 and although someone suggested I could get a second-hand
Braille and Speak from Technovision, I saw they don't sell the cable for it.
I am worried about how the installation will go because my family who are
the nearest sighted people I have around know nothing about Linux
installation.
I think I also will be limited to Emacspeak as Speakup doesn't yet work with
software speech.  Not everyone can aford a Braille display which costs
thousands in the UK, you are looking at something like a couple of grand at
least unless I were to go for something like a Braille Wave and I am not
sure if that is supported under the screenreaders that support Braille under
Linux.