Fedora Core installer...?

David Renström david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Mon Apr 12 19:15:15 UTC 2004

Hi!

Yes, I know, it should have worked with the VA driver. It worked before.
But, I don't really think that it matters. Do you think that the USB being
busy is the problem causing the installation to halt?

Regards,
/David R.
At 14:44 2004-04-12 -0400, you wrote:
>[quoted lines by David Renström on 2004/04/12 at 18:12 +0200]
>
> >Nope, the other Vario driver didn't work at all. It didn't even start up.
>
>It should've. Did you have your display in emulation mode 1 (which really is
>native mode)? If you are used to using the vh driver then you have it in
>emulation mode 2 (handyTdch emulation).
>
> >Maybe it's because I've got a bad cable. I don't know.
>
>Perhaps, but I doubt it.
>
> >No, turning off and on the display doesn't work (tried that the first
> >time). It actually looks like as if the BRLTTY daemon is actually killed by
> >Anaconda. Is there no way of preventing it from probing for mice on the
> >serial ports?
>
>You can add the option "noprobe" to the "text brltty=" line, but that disables
>all probing. I know of no way to disable just serial port probing. I've been
>trying to convince RedHat that their probing should skip open devices, but
>they
>don't seem to understand the generality and properness of this
>recommendation.
>Perhaps you could try "noprobe" and let me know how well (or not well) it
>wworks. I should add some notes to the web page about this sort of stuff.
>
>--
>Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | I believe that the Bible is the
>Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | Word of God. Please contact me
>EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
>http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/

* Phone:        +46(0)910-78 17 51                                 *
* Mobile:       +46(0)70-641 96 20                                 *
* Mail:         david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com *
* ICQ#: 122060651                                              *