Looking for a Programming Project which would really benefit blind people

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Thu Feb 26 06:14:46 UTC 2004

There are speakup disks for Debian which self-install, and I think
there is one for RedHat 9, but you need a hardware synthesizer for
those to work.

Linux is something you need to learn some before you fool with it,
but the alternative is Windows and that can be a pain.

Now if there were a way to make the xp recovery console speak -- now
that would be useful!  Problem is that in that console many drivers
are not loaded yet.

In Linux, a good sound editor would be very nice, there is one in
CVS, but its still primitive called awe.

on Thursday 02/26/2004 herzog at frontiernet.net(herzog at frontiernet.net) wrote