Brltty through USB ?

Andor Demarteau ademarte at students.cs.uu.nl
Sat Jul 10 09:29:03 UTC 2004

well it may.
However, it depends on:
- if linux sees the convertor as a serial-device
- the port it is on never changes
- linux attatches always the same device-file to it.

So ti mroe depends on how linux precieves the convertor.
It it nicely detects it as being a serial-port, it mya work.

I've noticed the removal of the rs232 ports on laptops too.
It eeams that Toshiba and IBM do without but I think dell still has them.

Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: ademarte at cs.uu.nl
student computer science        www: http://www.students.cs.uu.nl/~ademarte/
UU based & VU guest-student     jabber,icq,msn: do ask ;)