msn and centericq

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Fri Jul 23 19:25:24 UTC 2004

I can run msn instant messenger with freedombox but using X all the time
definitely slows down my system so I'm trying to use centericq with msn.
I was able to enter my information and appear to be connected but I am
having a lot of trouble telling where I am and whether a message has been
sent, etc. I am using braille.
I did read the README but am still just having trouble keeping oriented. I
do understand about reading the bottom of the screen but am having trouble
switching between various parts of the screen. Maybe I'm doing it ok and
am just not knowing if I'm interpreting things right.
Frankly it looks sort of like the gramofile package's setup and I never
really liked that a lot either, though I learned to use it to do some
things.
Thanks for any tips.
  --
Cheryl