Slackware 10 dropped serial console support

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Jul 26 03:19:48 UTC 2004

I never booted slackware that way.  What I did do was put a
serial=0,9600,n8 statement in global section of lilo.conf and also moved
that speakup line down into the linux boot section then saved lilo.conf,
and then ran lilo before rebooting.  That's always worked for me and I
have it working in slackware 10.0.