Extracting Binaries from MIME-Encoded messages

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Sat Jun 19 13:12:10 UTC 2004

	Since several of you pointed me in the right direction, I have
found that uudeview is one of the ports in the FreeBSD distribution
and, as previously stated, mpack and munpack are found in Debian.
Those two utilities appear to be installed when you build a normal
installation of Debian.  The uudeview utility is part of the FreeBSD
ports collection which is similar to all the Redhat RPM's and the
Debian .deb packages.

	I installed the uudeview package because I use FreeBSD at work
and hit it with a message somebody had sent that had about 4 pdf
documents in it.  It extracted them all in about half a second.  Sure
beats manually looking for them.  It also gave them their correct file
names so I didn't even have to think about that.