fedora core 1 mkinitrd problem

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Jun 26 22:46:30 UTC 2004

The version goes in after that second --with= statement and I hit a space
before hitting the tab key.  Only time that ever worked was when I changed
that second --with= statement to a --builtin= statement.  Then I ended up
having to reinstall the system.  It sounded like when I was reading the
screen that accentsa had got selected even though I keyed in speakup_ltlk
for the builtin value.  What follows is what I got from the howto.

/sbin/mkinitrd -v -f /boot/initrd-{tab} --with=pcspkr
--withspeakup_ltlk{space}{tab}{backspace}{enter}.

Thanks for that rsync command, I ran it and was eventually told all was in
synch and disc3 and disc4 still consistently fail to burn properly.
Having talked with another sighted system administrator here who is in
contact with others he told me that contents of those discs really aren't
essential to get a working system and that sighted linux users were having
problems burning good copies of those discs too.  When I take those
commands out of howtos I braille them before attempting to key them in.