alsa help

Tom Masterson kd7cyu at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 00:05:38 UTC 2004

I did that as well as making every device read/write by the user (bad policy
but...) and I still get a permission denied error from alsamixer and amixer.
Of course they don't say what permission is denied on.  Correction I just
looked and alsamixer says "function snd_ctl_open failed on default.
permission denied".  It is debian.

Tom