How to open a TCP/IP port?

David Renström david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Thu May 20 00:21:15 UTC 2004

Hi list members!

I've isolated the problem of me not being able to remotely connect to my
MySQL server. If I use the nmap command to scan port 3306 with the loopback
as argument, it works fine (it reports that the port is open). But, if I
use the local IP address of the host (192.168.0.82) it doesn't. Somehow,
the TCP/IP port is blocked. My question is quite simple: How do I open this
port? Another question would be why it's closed in the firstplace... :-(

Please help me solve this problem, cause it's driving me nuts for the moment!!

Kindest Regards,
/David R.

* Phone:        +46(0)910-78 17 51                                 *
* Mobile:       +46(0)70-641 96 20                                 *
* Mail:         david.renstrom at skelleftea.mail.telia.com *
* ICQ#: 122060651                                              *