speakup on fedora?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu May 20 13:16:41 UTC 2004

The advantage of Oralux, and any Knopix for that matter, is precisely as
you describe. The disadvantage is that it only does what it does and
won't easily do anything else--because it's on static media.

As for Speakup, support for software speech is progressing and seems to
be close to ready for prime time. However, it's easiest to get it
working with a hardware device. And, the Speakup enabled Knopix
available on the Speakup web page is built for hardware speech, as I
understand it. Kirk will correct me if I'm wrong on that point.