Re: speakup on fedora?

Did this happen regardless of when you loaded? In other words, did it
happen if you started Speakup at boot time via static modules  in the
kernel or via the initrd? Did it happen when starting Speakup via
modprobe in the console?

Last question: Fedora version and Synth?

This is troubling and needs to be looked at. If it seems common, I will
say something in the next rev of the HOWTO which will follow release of
the Speakup Modified FC 2.