braillified Fedora core 2 installation

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon May 24 02:02:05 UTC 2004

I can't say definitively but would expect that kudzu and cups would not be an issue for brltty. However, once you put a Speakup kernel in, those once again become an issue because of how Speakup handles registering the serial port (or maybe not registering it).

As for firstboot, I suspect that's a problem for brltty as it is for Speakup. It's a quasi-graphical application that isn't gnome or kde, and it launches before mingetty's are started. So, if you can't deal with the screen, you don't have an opportunity to do anything else.

If I'm wrong, I'd certainly like to know.