Handling Mail on Debian

John J. Boyer director at chpi.org
Mon Oct 4 11:22:20 UTC 2004

hello,

I just installed Debian Sarge. During boot-up it tries to start exim but
finds an error in the exim configuration file. Then it says exit. Does
this mean that exim is not running? The error was about a malformed macro
in line 4, which pointws to the exim configuration file directory in /etc.

How is procmail used? Is it needed at all, like fetchmail on Redhat? I'll
be using Mutt, since that came with Debian. How do I get it set up to send
and receive mail? It doesn't seem to produce a .Muttrc file in the home
directory.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer; Executive Director, Chief Software Developer
Computers to Help People, Inc.