Narrow font?

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Wed Oct 6 16:19:38 UTC 2004

I'm having a sort of similar problem.
when i was running gentoo, I could enter
vga=8
in my lilo.conf (8 being the menu number I believe; they run from 1-9 and
a to z but of course are not all applicable for every video card) and get
a 132 by 43 screen. (I tried 9 but that did nothing so it must not work
with my card). But in debian unstable, while dmesg says I have that size
screen, I'm actually losing two lines from the 80 by 25 configuration. I'm
wondering if I'm unknowingly running fonts that are effecting this; how
would I tell?

As for your problem, Lee, you could try the menu numbers as I did and see
if that gets any results. or, if you have sighted help, you could set
vga=ask
and hit enter to go to scan when booting and have somebody look at your
list of video options. Just remember that if you want to use a code for
one of those options as you did in the past you have to convert from
hexeidecimal.

--
Cheryl