Iptables and Logins at boot-up

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sun Oct 10 22:26:48 UTC 2004

John:
We all do need to learn to look for ourselves.
and it would not have taken searching through reams of documentation to
find out what you are asking. Even just a little search through the blinux
archives would have given you information about the change from redhat to
fedora and the availability of a brltty bootdisk for the install.
It's really tempting to just ask questions onlist but it's not a good
habit to get into. At least that's what I was taught as a newbie, and it
was people's gentle but firm insistance that I do this that helped me to
start learning (I'm still learning) about man pages and google and list
archives--well, some people weren't so gentle about it, either!!! Not that
answering your question was a big deal for any number of us on this list,
but do you really want to get into this pattern and advertise that you
don't want to have to look for info? and you aren't even a newbie.
Just something to think about.

I had decided not to send this, but your questions about speakup/fedora
make me think it's relevant. Most of what you ask is plainly written in
the howto that goes with the speakup-modified fedora.

As for brltty and FC, I will say to be careful to acquire or make one that
matches
the installation set you are using.

--
Cheryl