linux for blind student (fwd)

Nigel Stoppard stoppard at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 20 10:46:00 UTC 2004

If you are new to linux then i would have a look at the web site for the
linux cook book.  Sorry i don't have a link for it.  Try  a search on google
for linux cook book.  Not sure if thats all one word or not.

You could also have a look at
www.oralux.org

Which is a version of Linux that runs from cd and comes up talking.
Although it is still being developped.

Not sure how much vision you have but if you can see to read or have a
reader then the dummies books give a good introduction.  Unfortunatly at the
moment even the Gnome desktop is not very accessible but this should improve
with time.
Hope this helps,
Nigel,