(no subject)

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Apr 23 14:06:15 UTC 2005

Hi, And welcome to Linux.

Yes, it is very much still free--both as in "free of cost," and as in
"freedom to use, study, modify, and give away." Most of us prize the
latter meaning more--but that's a subject for another day.

There are many ways to get Linux. You have a bewildering number of
choices. In the long run at least, that is a good thing, though it may
bewilder at this point.

For one path to installation assisted only by your speech synthesizer
take a look at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

Good luck.