Serial ATA drives, how to fdisk?

John G. Heim jheim at wisc.edu
Mon Apr 25 16:57:33 UTC 2005

Bummer. I was hoping you would say the drives appear as xya, xyb, etc.
Because neither 'fdisk /dev/hda' nor 'fdisk /dev/sda' works.  I am thinking
the Oralux kernel isn't up to seeing /dev/sda.

I can't check the system log right now because I'm installing windows on
the first partition at the moment. I got sighted assistance to partition
the drive.  We're getting 15-20 machines like this though and I don't want
to have to get sighted assistance every time.

PS: SI may not have mentioned this on this list before because it's OT but
a blind person can install Windows w/o sighted assistance   via an open
source project called Unattended. See:
http://unattended.sourceforge.net/.