file managers

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Wed Aug 3 14:02:01 UTC 2005

> One thing I do is in my .bashrc file define an alias:
>
> alias lynx='lynx -show_cursor'

There's supposedly a SHOW_CURSOR option you can have in your
lynx.cfg file that would do the same thing.  This might also be
helpful in case you launch lynx from other programs (other than
bash) from which the alias isn't around.  I presume it works--I'm
away from my Linux box at the moment (and the two to which I have
ssh access don't have lynx-the-cat) where I can test it, and it
looks like the Dos version I have here on my Win2k box has it by
default (or I set it so long ago that I've forgotten).

-tim