Need help with Festival and Dectalk Rt

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Wed Aug 24 14:50:32 UTC 2005

Hi,
By the sound of it you want to use speakup with software speech.  You
might know this, but if not, you also need to install speech-dispatcher
and speechd_up.  You also need to create a device in /dev using mknod and
start the software speech in a specific order.
I have software speech through these programs going under fedra and
debian, so I might be able to help if this is what you want to do.
HtH
Willem