installing redhat 9

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Feb 20 20:16:34 UTC 2005

Kristoffer Gustafsson writes:
> The program I want to run is a mud engine found at:
> www.valhalla.com
> can you take a look on it and see if you can get this to work under
> fedora?

OK, I took a quick look. My very cursory examination suggests two
things:

1.)	This mud client is quite old. There are newer mud agents that
apparently do work under Fedora. I'd advise looking at those first.

2.)	The Valhalla MUD agent appears to be closed source. I found very
little documentation. Indeed, judging from their web page, I would
expect their user interfaces might prove not to be very blind friendly.
Of course I could be wrong about the mud client, but their web pages are
pretty bad.

So, is there some particular reason why you must have this client and no
other? Is it a mud client you need? Or this particular mud client?

If the former, you have open source options known to work under Fedora.
A simple Google search will expose them to you.

If the later, well then, good luck with RH 9.