adding new users

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Feb 24 15:41:05 UTC 2005

You need to provide better information if you expect to get help. It is
not fair to ask us to guess what might be happening. Instead, you should
tell us precisely what you typed, and exactly what the system response
is.

Unfortunately, in the current circumstance I would guess you've
neglected to become root. Only root can adduser.