linux and users

Shaun Everiss shaun.e at xtra.co.nz
Thu Feb 24 16:56:41 UTC 2005

I know In linux you need a root account.
However is it posibal not to have a second account as I don't want to actually log in.
I will bee the only user.
So is linux like sxp where if you have only one account it will log in automatically.
Note! this aint a secure system, so the account don't need a password or anything like that.
If I can't is there a autologon or something?
If i sound like I'm asking a lot its because because I am a newby.

ANd I mean realy new.
Like about to recieve the distros in the mail today <grin>