SV: adding new users

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Feb 24 17:19:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

Gustafsson Kristoffer (elev), le jeu 24 fév 2005 17:19:17 +0100, a dit :
> But now, how do I as root give the rights to other users to  for example mounting a floppy or cd?

Add the "user" option in the corresponding line of /etc/fstab.
But you should get some real-life help, it would be much faster to
learn. Isn't there any LUG around your home ?

> also, on the when contacting the developer of my engine they said that I should edit the .profile or .bash_profile file in the home directory of the user.
> But there is no profile files.
> Can i generate one myself?

Yes.

When anybody tells you "edit your .something", it means you can create
the .something file in the home dir of your user and throw lines in it.

Regards,
Samuel