SV: adding new users

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Feb 24 22:04:27 UTC 2005

Gustafsson Kristoffer (elev) writes:
> But now, how do I as root give the rights to other users to  for example mounting a floppy or cd?

visudo

And read the comments. There's one small change you need to make near
the bottom.

HINT: Use 'dl' to delete a single char. Use :wq to save and exit, or :q!
to exit without saving.

> I want the users to have all rights I have as root

Very bad idea. You don't want just any user to install software, change
configurations, etc., etc. Very bad idea.

> also, on the when contacting the developer of my engine they said that I should edit the .profile or .bash_profile file in the home directory of the user.
> But there is no profile files.

These are typically hidden files. You'll find .bashrc and .bash_profile.
in each user's home directory.