Sound Card to Recommend

Chris Gray christopher_gray at symantec.com
Wed Jan 5 02:14:52 UTC 2005

Hi:

I'm a new subscriber.  Although I've used Linux and Solaris in my work
for years, having a server at home just hasn't happened--until now!
Unfortunately, the Dell server I purchased turned out not to have an
on-board sound card.  What do people feel about the best sound cards
with Linux Drivers:  Debian.  Are most folks just using an SB Live card,
or should I consider something else.  I do plan to use the card
extensively for radio broadcast work, a speech synthesizer, recording,
and so on.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Chris

Chris Gray, Sr. Technical Writer        Symantec Corporation
415-365-6199 voice                      301 Howard Street, Suite 1800
415-348-9636 fax             		San Francisco, CA 94105