Gentoo experience

Jason Castonguay jcast at snet.net
Tue Jan 25 19:24:58 UTC 2005

Hello everyone.

I am looking into installing Gentoo Linux.  I have begun reading the
installation handbook available within their documentation and it sounds
fascinating.  One problem I have, however, is that there seem to be so
many steps.  Although I have no problem following directions, I thought
the installation process would be something one could memorize.  Perhaps
I need to keep a quick reference on hand during installation?  It does
appear, however, that once installed, a person would probably not have
to go through that again since they can use the `emerge' utility to keep
their system updated.

So, I just want to hear some thoughts or ideas from others who may have
tried this distribution.  Was speakup easy to get going during
installation?  What about brltty?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Best regards,

--
Jason Castonguay

Health, freedom, security.  Looking for something new and exciting to
enrich your life?  Check out:

http://www.payisontheway.com/
     Phone: 888-875-2697