questions about using a BrailleLite 40 with BRLTTY

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Tue Jun 7 00:55:12 UTC 2005

Hi.

I've been using a BrailleLite 40 with BRLtty for a few months, and
Realized I might be doing some things wrong.

Recently, the unit crashed and I've managed to get it working again
after a hard reset.  When it first crashed, I thought I had problems
with the charger or battery, but after getting it working again, I,m not so sure.
Since I only use it as a braille display, I left it plugged in 24.7.  Is
this a good or bad thing?  the manual isn't clear.

I sometimes get errors from the BrailleLite saying it exited speechbox mode.
When this happens, I seem to be back in the clipboard, but pressing the
advance bar will return to displaying the contents sent from BRLTTy.  Is
this normal?
This problem happens no matter what version of BRLTTY I happen to be
running.

THanks in advance.
          Kenny