sound and linux

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Jun 12 01:15:55 UTC 2005

yes.  Download alsa-utils-1.0.8.tar.gz from
http://alsa-project.org/alsa-utils/ and build it as root on your system.
Once finished you'll have alsaconf on your system it's a script.  Run it
and agree to having your /etc/modules.conf modified.  Don't worry if you
get can't find rc.alsasound.  Once done, aumix -v 100; aumix -p 100; aumix
-c 100; aumix -m 100; alsactl store; shutdown -r now.  When you reboot try
using aplay or play to play a sound file you find in /usr/share/sounds.
If that works you're in business.  I don't have a bugzilla account so
can't file a bug with the fedora project.  The fedora project has for
x-window users system-configure-soundcard that is fine for x-window users
but doesn't do a thing for speakup and other screen reader users.