FC4 installation hangs

Osvaldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Mon Jun 27 20:33:23 UTC 2005

Hi Dave,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 09:27:31AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> >Or does  cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=x,y,z FC.iso is not good enough?
>
> That should do. I use:
>
>    cdrecord -dao dev=/dev/hdd:@ -data image.iso

Well I would like to confirm here that if you miss the -dao option, your CD
is for the trash: I did the test, and each CD burned with the -dao option is
OK (double checked).

> >BTW I wasn't able to check md5sum since there is only a sha1sum file on the
> >download (here belnet.be) server.
>
> There's an sha1sum command to get the SHA1 checksum of a file. Perhaps your
> current system doesn't have it. You should really find a way to verify that
> your downloads are good by verifying the checksums.

It's OK: I found sha1sum in the  coreutils  package of my Debian.

> Another possibility of error is the CD burning itself. That happened to me. I
> had a media check failure on the first CD, and reburning it solved the problem.

Anyway I REburned them on better quality CDs.

Thanx for your help.

Aldo.