wine

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Fri Mar 11 11:24:13 UTC 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 09:17:35PM EST, Gustafsson Kristoffer (elev) wrote:
> Hello!
> I was wondering if it is possible to run jaws under linux using wine?

No. JAWS would not be able to work under wine, because it needs to load
a video intercept driver to intercept the image that gets displayed.
Since wine relies on X to display the Windows application, this is not
possible.

> also, is it possible to run brltty under cygwin?

I guess so. If the system ports that the Braille display is connected to
are accessible in Cygwin, I guess it should work. Note that you would
have to close any Windows app that also used the display.
--
Luke

Get my public GPG key here: http://www.themuso.com/themuso-gpg-key.txt