linux and users

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Mar 15 02:07:49 UTC 2005

Thanks, TV. It's useful to know this.

What I like about the su command in inittab, is that I can set up my
various consoles in the way I've come to like them setup. My thought is
to just put vlock in /etc/rc.local, so it will all still be somewhat
password protected, but I'll only need to enter root's password once,
and all configurations will be up and ready to go.

This makes a lot of sense ot me with my laptop, primarily. The
office/home desktops aren't such an issue because they're always
sporting great uptimes. But the laptop is shutdown quite a lot when I'm
on the road, so having autologin seems like a nice benefit.