viavoice outloud instalation problem

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Mar 21 12:48:42 UTC 2005

[quoted lines by John covici on 2005/03/21 at 07:01 -0500]

>Either get the Dec talk runtime for $50 or festival -- or maybe
>freetts

Although I'm not a speech user, for those who don't mind spending a bit of
money, I've also heard good things about cepstral.

One more thing about ViaVoice: More than just not being supported on Linux any
more, the license for using it on Linux has expired a long time ago so, even if
one could get it to work, it wouldn't be right to do so.