Fedora Core 3.0 and Braillex 2d Screen (hardware)

Patrik Johansson bjursika at home.se
Sun May 1 15:39:44 UTC 2005

Hello there!

I've a Braillex 2d Screen (with a hardware interface card) that I've used with RedHat for a long time. I think I've RedHat 7.x or something. If I pass the "no-scroll" parameter to the kernel it works fine. I think the "no-scroll" has something to do with how Linux does the scrolling. Even the installation workes fine with this parameter.

Now, I've tried to install Fedora Core 3.0, but without success. At the installation boot prompt I've tried the "no-scroll" parameter, but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried these variants:
- linux no-scroll
- linux no-scroll text
- linux text no-scroll
- text no-scroll

None of them works.

Has someone had success with the Braillex 2d Screen (hardware) and Fedora Core 3.0?
If not, what is the latest version of RedHat that works fine with the Braillex 2d Screen (hardware)?

Best regards,
Patrik Johansson