How accessible is SuSe 9.3

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Tue Oct 4 07:11:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 08:39:57PM -0400, J. Greer wrote:
> I have generally found Suse to be more user friendly and easier to
>maintain than Debian or Red Hat.

I'm absolutely not sharing this point of vue sicne:
- my sighted partner had a suse 9.3 who was only configurable via yast
yast yast  and you were punished by overrides if you took the risc of
going editing a specific file,
while this is the most versatile under Debian
- since my girlfriend replaces her suse 9.3 with a Sarge stable, we are
again able to use sound with no "windowk-alike conflicts" like under
suse's kde desktop
- since I'm the technician at home, I can much better help her under
Debian than SuSE since Debian doesn't prohibit you to edit by hand file
x or y or z
- finally, why should you pay for something who wasn't working better
than a free and gratis distro?

Note that I can't say anithing about RH or Fedora since I hadn't tried
it, but suse versus deb, I know and she knows the difference now!
But of course, someone may prefer doing all via yast and you; why not!

Aldo.