accessing my linux box from windows and accessing my windows box from linux

James R. Van Zandt jrvz at comcast.net
Mon Sep 5 17:53:15 UTC 2005

Gustoafsson Kristoffer -

I don't see that anyone answered your question about moving files
between Linux and Windows machines.

I installed putty on my Windows box, and use it to access my Linux
box.  It has a command line program "pscp" that works like "scp" under
Linux.  See: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

I'm sure there's a way to export a directory from a Windows box and
mount it under Linux using Samba, or to export a directory from a
Linux box and mount it under Windows, but I don't have those working.

	 - Jim Van Zandt