problems with emacspeak

Ari aridamoulas at telkomsa.net
Fri Sep 16 19:04:06 UTC 2005

Hi all,
I eventually got my Doubletalk, and tried to set it up with emacspeak on a
laptop. The first time, we got an error message saying 'Server not running'
but we downloaded the speech server for doubletalk. Now we get another error
message 'Speaker process not running,' but the test program that came with
the doubletalk server works. What's funny is that when we for an experiment
tried the dectalk server, emacspeak did send unintelligible speech to the
synthesizer, but it did recognise it, it's just refusing to recognise the
doubletalk.
Ari